There are so many ways to help us with the work we do!
Scroll down to read more or click on any of the following:
Helping from home:
We are very grateful for donations, great and small. There are various ways to give. Don’t forget to read about GiftAid, below!
- To make a direct transfer, or to set up a monthly direct credit, however small, our bank details are: 40-52-40, acc: 00002620
- To give via Virgin Money Giving, please click on the red “Virgin” icon on the right of this page.
- If you would like to post us a cheque, please send it to us at 39 Grosvenor St, Cheltenham GL52 2SQ.
Did you know that if you are a UK taxpayer, the government will add 25% to your donation if you let us have some brief details? This costs you nothing and we do the admin! For info and to fill in our online GiftAid form, click here.
If you would like an acknowledgement, please write to us at the address above or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for our GDPR policy
Donating as you shop on Amazon
Do you shop on Amazon? Cheltenham Open Door are now part of the Amazon Smile Program. Amazon Smile donates 0.5% of the price of anything you buy to us, at no extra cost to you or us!
To use Amazon Smile, either:
- go to smile.amazon.co.uk. Sign in (or create an account), choose “Cheltenham Open Door” as your chosen charity, and shop away! We will receive the 0.5% automatically.
- follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in your Amazon app!
- If you have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping App, open the App on your Android device.
- View Settings and select AmazonSmile.
- Follow the in App instructions to complete the process.
- Make sure to choose “Cheltenham Open Door” as your charity!
AmazonSmile is not currently available for iOS (Apple) users.
Did you know? We also have an Amazon WishList! You can see a list of things we really need and buy them to be delivered to us, from the comfort of home! To view it, please click here
Most of our guests are young, slim men. We would hate to accept donations that we couldn’t use well, so would be very grateful for the following items:
- men’s hoodies
- men’s t-shirts
- men’s jeans, waists up to 34″
- men’s socks and pants
- men’s trainers/walking boots
We provide showers on site and toiletries to take away, so we welcome full-sized and miniature toiletries. We cater for both men and women. At the moment, we particularly need roll on deodorant and shaving equipment.
We also desperately need the following items (new or undamaged second-hand) for those moving from place to place or awaiting housing:
- sleeping bags (modern style ones that can be squashed small into stuff sacks. It’s hard to carry the larger, older, duvet type ones!)
- tents (ones that break down into small packs, no more than four-man. See above!)
- large rucksacks
- smaller day rucksacks
- waterproof sleeping bag protector sacks
As well as providing hot meals and sandwiches to those in need we also provide food parcels. We are always in need of the following:-
- Tins of “ready” foods, like curry, ravioli, meatballs
- UHT milk cartons
- Instant/pot noodles
- Instant coffee (tins, sachets or jars of coffee)
- Dog food and treats
- Tinned tuna, corned beef and ham
- Tinned fruit, rice pudding and custard
- Cereals (other than cornflakes or porridge oats)
- Squash and pop
- Jams, spreads and marmite
- Ready sauces (like curry, pasta sauce, Chinese sauces etc)
- Chocolate bars and cereal bars
We also welcome donations of good fresh and frozen food from individuals and companies. Please contact us in advance to donate these items.
If you have something you would like to donate that’s not on our list, please contact us to arrange.
There are other things we really need to help us run. They are:
- Your used carrier bags!
- Tin openers
- A food processor (one that grates/slices etc). Do you have one gathering dust?
Unfortunately there are some things we cannot take. These include:
- Items of furniture (even small)
- Duvets, bedding (sheets and duvet covers), pillows or cushions
- Housewares (pans, plates, cutlery, glasses etc)
Many charity shops are very grateful for these items and support charities that run parallel to the support we provide.
If you would like to drop off items to us, we are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30am – 1pm and Sunday 9.45am – 11.45am (to find us, click here). There are yellow lines outside our building but there are always willing volunteers able to help bring items in!