As well as financial assistance, there are lots of items we really need.
If you would like to drop off items to us, please check below what we can currently take! We are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30am – 1pm and Sunday 9.45am – 11.45am (to find us, click here). To make arrangements for other times, please call 01242 577418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping from home
Do you shop on Amazon? Cheltenham Open Door are now part of the Amazon Smile Program. Amazon Smile donates 0.5% of the price of anything you buy to us, at no extra cost to you or us!
To use Amazon Smile, go to smile.amazon.co.uk. Sign in (or create an account), choose “Cheltenham Open Door” as your chosen charity, and shop away! We will receive the 0.5% automatically. (Please note Amazon Smile must be accessed at this separate website address. You cannot use the Amazon App!)
Did you know? We also have an Amazon WishList! You can see a list of things we really need and buy them to be delivered to us, from the comfort of home! To view it, please click here
We are very grateful for donations, great and small. There are various ways to give:
To make a direct transfer, or to set up a monthly direct credit, however small, our bank details are: 40-52-40, acc: 00002620
To give via Virgin Money Giving, please click on the red “Virgin” icon on the right of this page.
If you would like to simply post us a cheque, please send it to us at 39 Grosvenor St, Cheltenham GL52 2SQ.
If you would like an acknowledgement or are eligible for Gift Aid, please write to us at the address above or email us email@example.com
See below for GDPR details.*
Items we can’t take
Unfortunately there are some things we cannot take. These include:
- Items of furniture
- Duvets, bedding (sheets and duvet covers), pillows or cushions
- Housewares (pans, plates, cutlery, glasses etc)
Many charity shops are very grateful for these items and support charities that run parallel to the support we provide.
Clothing **PLEASE READ**
Most of our guests are young, slim men. We would hate to accept donations that we couldn’t use well, so would be very grateful for the following items:
- men’s hoodies
- men’s t-shirts
- men’s jeans, waists up to 34″
- men’s socks and pants
- men’s trainers/walking boots
Please note, we find it difficult to use shirts, smart shoes or formal wear and women’s clothes.
We provide showers on site and toiletries to take away, so we welcome full-sized and miniature toiletries. We cater for both men and women. At the moment, we particularly need roll on deodorant and shaving equipment.
We also desperately need the following items (new or undamaged second-hand) for those moving from place to place or awaiting housing:
- sleeping bags (modern style ones that can be squashed small into stuff sacks. It’s hard to carry the larger, older, duvet type ones!)
- tents (ones that break down into small packs, no more than four-man. See above!)
- large rucksacks
- smaller day rucksacks
- waterproof sleeping bag protector sacks
As well as providing hot meals and sandwiches to those in need we also provide food parcels. We are always in need of the following:-
- Tins of “ready” foods, like curry, ravioli, meatballs
- UHT milk cartons
- Instant/pot noodles
- Instant coffee (tins, sachets or jars of coffee)
- Dog food and treats
- Tinned tuna, corned beef and ham
- Tinned fruit, rice pudding and custard
- Cereals (other than cornflakes or porridge oats)
- Squash and pop
- Jams, spreads and marmite
- Ready sauces (like curry, pasta sauce, Chinese sauces etc)
- Chocolate bars and cereal bars
We also welcome donations of good fresh and frozen food from individuals and companies. Please contact us in advance to donate these items.
If you have something you would like to donate that’s not on our list, please contact us to arrange.