Open Door receives no central funding. Please help us support our guests.
See below for information about donating items.
Open Door receives no central funding. We run entirely on donations. We are grateful for all donations, big or small, one-off or regular.
There are many easy ways to donate:
- Make a bank transfer (or set up a standing order) to Cheltenham Open Door, sort code 40 52 40, account 00002620. Our account is with CAF Bank (Charities Aid Foundation). As they are not with the Bank Verification Scheme you may get an alert saying “unable to check bank details“. Please double check you have typed our bank details correctly, then confirm.
- Click on the “Virgin Money Giving” icon on the right/bottom of this page
- Visit our JustGiving page
- Post a cheque (made out to “Cheltenham Open Door”) to 39 Grosvenor St, Cheltenham, GL52 2SQ
Gift Aid allows us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give. It will not cost you any extra however we need your details in order to claim this extra amount. Provide your details for Gift Aid.
What we cannot accept
We are in great need of dry food items. You can drop items off at 39 Grosvenor St GL52 2SQ on Mondays 10am – 1pm or Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am – 2pm
We are very low on stock and struggling to keep up with food parcel demand. Any items on this list would be very gratefully received!
Items in bold are most-needed this week.
Tinned meat and fish
Tinned fruit and puddings
Tinned ‘ready meals’ (chilli, curry, pies etc)
Tinned potatoes and instant mash
Tinned carrots and peas
Instant and pot noodles
Dry sachets of ‘pasta ‘n’ sauce‘
Jars of pasta sauce
Biscuits, chocolate and chewy bars
Jam, marmalade, peanut butter, choc spread, marmite
Items for our new premises
We’re on the move and we need your help
We’re moving to a bigger premises this autumn so we can give our Guests an even better experience. If you are able to support the move by donating any of the following items, we’d be thrilled. If you’d like to help, please drop us an email.
Note: click on the item to see an example. Links are just a guide to the type of item that will work best for our guests. They aren’t necessarily to the cheapest or best website!
- 6 x big (floor) beanbags
- Waterproof cushions
- Big raised planters (for you budding carpenters out there!)
- Pool table (7ft) RECEIVED! THANKS QA TRAINING
- Dartboard RECEIVED! THANKS
- Hair clippers
- Big TV
- Artificial grass
- 2 x Outdoor bike rack
- Bike maintenance stand
- Portable PA system for quizzes and singalongs!
- Patio heaters
- Laptops (for our guests to learn and communicate on)
DONATE AS YOU SHOP ONLINE!
Want an easy way to give as you shop? If you buy on Amazon, they will donate 0.5% of the product price to us! There are two easy ways to do this:
In your Amazon app:
- Click the three lines, bottom right
- Choose settings (at the bottom)
- Choose AmazonSmile
- Enter “Cheltenham Open Door”
- Sign in or create an account
- Click on “Hello” (or the little human icon)
- Click on “Amazon Smile”
- Choose “Cheltenham Open Door”