Open Door receives no central funding. Please help us support our guests.
Click on the information you need:
- Opening times for dropping off donations
- Financial donations
- Donating food and other items
- Donating items for our NEW PREMISES!
- Donate as you shop on Amazon
Open Door receives no central funding. We run entirely on donations. We are grateful for all donations, big or small, one-off or regular.
There are many easy ways to donate:
- Make a bank transfer (or set up a standing order) to Cheltenham Open Door, sort code 40 52 40, account 00002620. Our account is with CAF Bank (Charities Aid Foundation). As CAF are not with the Bank Verification Scheme you may get an alert saying “unable to check bank details“. Please double check you have typed our bank details correctly, then confirm.
- Visit our JustGiving page
- Post a cheque (made out to Cheltenham Open Door) to 39 Grosvenor St, Cheltenham, GL52 2SQ
Gift Aid allows us to claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give. It will not cost you any extra however we need your details in order to claim this extra amount. Provide your details for Gift Aid.
Where and when to drop off a donation
Please drop all items as our Donations Hub at 39 Grosvenor St, GL52 2SQ on Mondays or Wednesdays between 10 and 3.
It will greatly help us if you can avoid bringing donations to our Guest Centre at Alstone Lane.
What we cannot accept
We built up a brilliant stock over the pandemic, so we’re sorry but we CANNOT accept most clothes, bedding, towels, household items or children’s items. Need somewhere to donate? We recommend Emmaus or the Cheltenham Household Essentials Project.
Donating non food items
We are very grateful for donations of the following items:
- Thermal clothing / Base layer clothes
- Men’s shoes, boots and trainers (UK6 – UK12)
- Small tents
- Mobile phones and chargers (please ensure all personal data is wiped)
- Art supplies including pens, paper, brushes, canvas and paint
- Bingo cards for our afternoon games
Donating food items
We use individual food items to build food parcels. We are very grateful for donations of the following items:
- Tinned meat and fish
- Tinned fruit and puddings
- Tinned potatoes and instant mash
- Tinned ‘ready meals’ (chilli, curry, pies etc)
- Tinned soup
- Tinned carrots and peas
- Instant and pot noodles
- Dry sachets of pasta n sauce
- Jars of pasta sauce
- Biscuits, chocolate and chewy bars
- Jam, marmalade, peanut butter, choc spread, marmite
Items for our new premises
We’re on the move and we need your help
We’re moving to a bigger premises soon so we can give our Guests an even better experience. If you are able to support the move by donating any of the following items, we’d be thrilled. If you’d like to help, please drop us an email.
Note: click on the item to see an example. Links are just a guide to the type of item that will work best for our guests. They aren’t necessarily to the cheapest or best website!
- Darts RECEIVED! THANKS
- 6 x big (floor) beanbags RECEIVED FROM THREE DIFFERENT DONORS! THANKS
- Basketball hoop with stand and ball RECEIVED! THANKS
- Waterproof cushions
- Big raised planters (for you budding carpenters out there!)
- Pool table (7ft) RECEIVED! THANKS QA TRAINING
- Dartboard RECEIVED! THANKS
- Hair clippers RECEIVED! THANKS
- Big TV RECEIVED! THANKS QA TRAINING
- Artificial grass RECIEVED! THANKS To Grass Direct
- 2 x Outdoor bike rack
- Bike maintenance stand
- Portable PA system for quizzes and singalongs! RECEIVED! THANKS
- Patio heaters
- Laptops (for our guests to learn and communicate on)
Also, if you have any of the following that you’d like a home for, we’d love them!
- USB Charging cables (C type, micro USB, Apple)
- USB charging plugs (that you push the cables into)
- Pot plants
- Cork tiles or cork boards
- A crosscut shredder
- A DVD player RECEIVED! THANKS
- Drying racks for laundry
- Whiteboards RECEIVED! THANKS
- Full length wall mirror RECEIVED! THANKS
- Two small wall mirrors RECEIVED! THANK YOU!
DONATE AS YOU SHOP ONLINE
Want an easy way to give as you shop? If you buy on Amazon, they will donate 0.5% of the product price to us. There are two easy ways to do this:
In your Amazon app:
- Click the three lines, bottom right
- Choose settings (at the bottom)
- Choose AmazonSmile
- Enter ‘Cheltenham Open Door’
- Sign in or create an account
- Click on ‘Hello’ (or the little human icon)
- Click on ‘Amazon Smile’
- Choose “Cheltenham Open Door”