The information below describes how Cheltenham Open Door manages your personal information in accordance with the law and your rights. These will describe the specific uses we make of the information, the reasons and legal basis for holding it as well as your rights.
Who we are
Cheltenham Open Door are a UK registered charity. The registered office is at 39 Grosvenor Street, Cheltenham, GL52 2SQ.
Information we may hold about you and why
This could include information you give us:
- when you fill in forms, respond to newsletters or attend events.
- to support you when you use any of our services.
- when you apply for a job or to volunteer with us, including to process applications. If you come to work for us we will retain the information to administer your employment including your pension.
- to manage feedback and complaints.
- to support our fundraising operations.
We may use your information in our legitimate interests to support our charitable work, or where we contact you by electronic means or by post, to:
- process any donations you make.
- send you information about Cheltenham Open Door and its work and how you can support us. We may contact you by post, by email or text message.
- help manage our communications with you by sharing it with our contractors working on our behalf to process donations and send newsletters and other communications.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information:
- with our contractors who carry out work on our behalf.
- where we are under a legal obligation to disclose or share your information.
We will never sell your information to other organisations or swap information.
Transferring information abroad
Your personal information will not be transferred to, stored or processed outside the United Kingdom.
How long do we keep your information?
As long as necessary for the purpose it was collected for. This will vary depending on the type of information, legal requirements or other justifications permitted by Data Protection Law. In some cases we may keep information indefinitely for safeguarding reasons where we believe there is a potential risk to individuals. If you opt-out from fundraising communications your information will be deleted from our active database to ensure we don’t inadvertently contact you. We keep information about staff for administration and taxation purposes.
Does the law allow this?
Data Protection law including the General Data Protection Regulation sets out the principles we must adhere to and other conditions which must be satisfied. Forms, webpages or other places where you submit information will describe how the particular use complies with the law. If you have any queries, please contact Cheltenham Open Door (details below).
You have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal information for fundraising or marketing of Cheltenham Open Door. If you wish to do this, please contact us as below.
- see copies of information held about you. Please send your request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at Cheltenham Open Door. We will respond as soon as possible and not longer than one month from receipt.
- ask us to amend, update or delete your information or withdraw consent to our processing of your information for particular purposes by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
If you are unhappy with the way we are managing your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer at Cheltenham Open Door (see below). If you are still unhappy you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
Who to contact
For queries about this privacy statement or any other data protection issues, please contact the Data Protection officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post, Data Protection Officer, Cheltenham Open Door, 39 Grosvenor Street, Cheltenham, GL52 2SQ.