Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we have had to think of new ways to give our guests a great Christmas 2020.
This year, we’ll be serving guests from our premises at 39 Grosvenor Street. There’ll be Christmas Eve food, treats and stockings and on Christmas Day, lunch with all the trimmings, gifts and high tea to collect.
We’d love your help with gift items and food parcel fillers. Please see below for our wish list!
If you’d like to print the the poster shown on this page to display in your church/shop/school etc, please visit our resources page.
Due to social distancing guidelines and the small size of our premises, there will unfortunately not be any space for volunteers before 28th December. However, we are having our yearly “Big Sort” (at a Sacred Hearts church hall) from 28th to 31st December. This is when we make sure we have everything ready that our guests need.
Applications for volunteers have now closed. If you would like your email address kept on file in case spaces arise, please let us have it here.
Have a look at our latest blog post, with new about Christmas and the work we’ve been doing during the pandemic.
Our wish list:
We can still accept all these items during lockdown!
You can bring them to 39 Grosvenor St, GL52 2SQ, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9am and 10.30am or between 12.40pm and 2pm. Thank you!
HELP US FILL A GIFT BAG!
We make individual gift bags for our guests. Please see some suggestions below. Please make sure any gifts you donate are:
- Unwrapped (so we can make up individual bags)
- Marked as gifts and separate from other items
Our guests would love:
- TOILETRIES: shower gel/bath products; shampoo/conditioner; spray/mini perfumes; gift sets; cosmetics
- EDIBLE TREATS: chocolate; sweets; nuts; savouries
- GAMES/PUZZLES FOR GROWN UPS: Puzzle or joke books; craft sets; small puzzles; colouring books
- BRAND NEW PANTS OR SOCKS: for men or women
- NEW GLOVES: for men or women
- BOOKS: anything cheery!
You may have other brilliant ideas! Remember that not all our guests are homeless and all of our guests love the same treats anyone would appreciate on Christmas day. The only things we can’t take are medication, alcohol or anything with a blade (except safety razors: they’re fine!)
- Tinned meat/fish
- Tinned fruit/puddings
- Tinned “ready foods” (chilli, curry, pies)
- Tinned spaghetti
- Instant or pot noodles
- Tinned potatoes/instant mash
- Chocolate/biscuits/chewy bars/sweets
- Tinned carrots/peas
We can only take:
- Men’s jeans
- Men’s joggers
- Men’s T Shirts
- Men’s trainers
- Men’s hoodies
- Brand new men’s pants and socks
SORRY, WE CANNOT TAKE:
- Men’s shoes/shirts
- Women’s clothes/shoes
- Household items
- Bedding/duvets/blankets/sleeping bag